Fontana (CA) (Images of America)
The self-proclaimed "City of Innovation" has an outstanding culture of reinventing itself. contemporary Fontana was often called "Rancho de San Bernardino." the 1st recorded proprietor, Don Antonia Maria Lugo, handed the land right down to his sons, and in 1851, the Lugo brothers offered their stake to Mormon settlers, who quickly relocated to Utah. a variety of agricultural builders, together with A.B. Miller, observed strength within the land, altering its identify to "Fontana" from its previous railroad identify "Rosena." yet citrus and grain weren't the most exports for lengthy. in the course of global warfare II, town switched gears to develop into an business powerhouse as Southern California's best metal manufacturer. on the junction of Interstates 10 and 15, glossy Fontana is a crucial nexus of transportation and trade, with the mythical direction sixty six passing via its well-preserved downtown district and direction ninety nine via its southern boundary.
Years again. The E.P. Bradbury place of abode is a different domestic equipped with Lytle Creek rock. It has an within backyard room, a front room, bedrooms and tub, a kitchen of wierd dimension, a wide hearth, and a wide outdoors entrance patio. It has a rock pillar front to driveway and there's a visitor construction. the valuables used to be the Fontana Nursery for the relations enterprise. They raised tropical vegetation and orchids, in addition to cacti of all kinds. The family members landscaped many of the older houses in Fontana and.
through citizens. the price was once $30,000 and every little thing was once raised from fund drives, socials, and outright donations. Hugh Kirk’s layout was once a Spanish-type L-structure with challenge tiles made from rough-sawn lumber and timbers. Cumming and Gustafson equipped it and the 1st carrier was once on December 26, 1926. this is often a picture of the Fontana neighborhood Church with its bell tower. It was once donated in 1952 through Judith and Mrs. R.E. Boyle to the church in reminiscence of pop and husband, respectively. the second one.
Torn down within the Eighties. those images express Mildred Hilton Crawford as a tender woman on assorted days. She lived on the Santa Fe Railroad Station as her first domestic there has been a boxcar, it then used to be the station itself, and at last it turned a true domestic within the city web site. The underpass on Foothill side road, close to Almeria highway, was once inbuilt 1931 to get the Pacific electrical Railway over Foothill to ease site visitors difficulties. The pump construction on the most sensible correct retains the water out of the underpass.
team toured the Camp No. 1 ranch condominium. many years in the past on the Christmas parade and city-hall occasion, Santa and Mrs. Claus came over like they did every year. Pictured are Mayor Nat Simon with Mrs. and Mr. Tiegen. the town treasurer, Charles Koehler, is within the historical past. The tree lighting fixtures can be hung on tonight. the unique Christmas tree that the Sierra-Seville scholars adorned continues to be alive, yet is massive status within the south urban corridor car parking zone, in order that they now mild a smaller.
flooring had a eating room that joined the lounge (also the master suite) and fireside. at the moment flooring there have been bedrooms and space for storing utilized by Williams’s daughters, Kay and Emmy Lou. This view seems to be north on Sierra street from Valencia, displaying the Crawford Drug Co. and the Tudor two-story ironmongery shop (on the left). The structures in this west aspect have been equipped among 1925 via 1929: the Henry construction, in 1925; the Nichols development, in 1926; the Sinclair block, in 1926;.